I've been away from home for a few days recovering from an appendectomy and have a lot of leftover ingredients in the fridge that needed to be used up. We had a big party here on the fourth and I had leftover pound cake I had purchased from Costco, and I also had leftover heavy cream from the whipped cream I made to go with the pound cake and strawberries over the fourth. So I decided to whip up a quick dessert/snack for Matt and me this afternoon.
First, I whipped the cream, adding about a teaspoon of sugar as it came together, and then folded in some vanilla yogurt for a little more sweetness and tang. While the cream was beating in the mixer, sliced up the pound cake. I had a jar of peaches I canned in the fridge, so I pulled that out. Then I just layered the dessert into two bowls: 1 slice of pound cake, a dollop of yogurt whipped cream, about 6 peach slices, another slice of pound cake, and another dollop of whipped cream. Voila! In 5 minutes, I made a very simple, yummy treat using whatever ingredients I had on hand to use up.
What creative dishes have you made using up leftovers?
simple chicken tacos
-
Twenty years ago, I started this website because I wanted a place to share
recipes I was excited about, as it’s practically coded into my DNA to be an
un...
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment