My midwife gave me the guidelines, and here is what I can eat:
- Veggies (excluding potatoes)
- Most nuts (no peanuts/peanut butter)
- Green apples
- 1 serving of a whole grain per day (brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat bread, etc)
- All dairy products (this is the hardest for me)
- All processed food
- All refined sugar
- All white flour
- All simple carbohydrates in general
I am excited to be able to post several new recipes I have tried that are part of my diet and all of these will be ones I will continue to make even when I am allowed to have dairy/sugar/grains again. Because of this diet, I have learned so much more about food, nutrition, and how the body processes what I eat. I am planning to keep a mostly low carb diet. And an added perk? Shedding some baby weight! I have lost 6 pounds in the past week!
Stay tuned for recipes!